Sunday, June 7, 2009

End of an era


Good bye room 10

I taught in Aldine ISD for seven years, six of which were at Oleson Elementary. Friday was my last day as an Aldine employee as I'll be teaching in Katy ISD next year. I worked with some amazing teachers, several of whom became my close friends. Randy Guerra and Susan Becker are two of the best teachers I've ever seen, and they taught me a lot.
Luckily, I'm not moving out of the Houston area so Happy Hours, parties, weddings, baby showers, etc. will all still be possible... I just get to leave some of the other stuff behind. :-)

4 comments:

Linda Jo said...

How sad. Strange man sitting in your room now.

Kim said...

It's weird to leave that behind, isn't it? That's how I felt at the end of last school year- part of me wanted to cheer, but part of me wanted to cry. But the future holds great things- here's to going out and making new memories. (I write this while sitting in a hotel room in Singapore, overlooking the pool, living in Japan, married and pregnant w/ our baby girl- believe me, the future is a great thing and while I loved the kids, this is just a *bit* better than teaching :)

Anna said...

awe - what a great post..... and your photography skills are impressive too!!! Your future is bright my blogging friend..... :) xo - anna

Guerra Family said...

Hey,
We will miss you. I don't think it will hit that you are gone until the year starts though for me, and that stranger will be in your room! By the way summer school is very, very interesting. I will send you an email later, but I hope that you are having a relaxing summer so far. Lila is still talking about your visit :)