Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cabo

Our trip to Cabo was nice. Apparently it was "off season" which helped keep the prices and crowds down, but it also made it a little chilly... at least for me. Cary did agree though that the ocean was cold. For me to get into the pool, I'd have to wade down a few stairs, get use to the water, and then go a little further in. Eventually I'd make it, but if the wind started blowing I was back out!

I really didn't know before hand, but you can't swim in the ocean in Cabo except for certain little pockets, due to the undertow being so strong. This was probably the most disappointing information you could tell me on a beach trip!


So, we didn't get to snorkel. You can go out to some specified snorkeling areas, but when we asked about those we were told it's too cold still. Cary did rent a jet ski, but there was no way I was getting on it! If I fell off into that COLD ocean water it would not be a good thing!
We stayed at the Rui, and it was nice. All inclusive usually makes life easier since food and drinks are at your finger tips without having to take money with you everywhere. There were even shows and entertainment every night. One night we watched Mama Mia and another night we saw Grease.... I'm sure these were high on Cary's list of favorites.
Us enjoying a glass of wine on the balcony before our steak dinner that over looked the ocean.
Us at dinner
The view from the pool of the famous Cabo arches


A fun elephant made of towels greeted us one night when we returned to our room.

The majority of our pictures are from the day Cary played golf. It was beautiful!!! I'll save those for my next post. We all know how I love capturing "critters" in pictures while on the golf course.... Cabo had several fun ones to share!

Oh! And this is Cary hiding (with the pillow) the fact that he is OBSESSED with the game Brick Breaker on his Blackberry. Any chance he has he plays this damn game! Maybe I'll start pulling out the camera and documenting it. He pulled up the pillow because he knew I'd take a picture and post it on my blog; at least he knows me well. The plus for me- we got bumped up to first class on the way home. A movie, big chair, glass of wine, and fruit, meat, and cheese tray make every trip better!


No comments: