Monday, June 15, 2009

Matagorda


This weekend some of us traveled down to Matagorda where our friend Lindsay (Tim's girlfriend that we love!) has a bay house. Surprisingly, the drive is only an hour and a half from our house!


As you can see the boys are playing their favorite game, Crispy Wickets, in the background.

I was surprised at how many shells were everywhere!


The water doesn't look great, but we played in it anyway. It was warm. I kept seeing fish jump and thought of them while walking out there. I'll be happy when I can see my feet and the floor of the ocean when in Cabo soon. Too bad we couldn't see the bottom- Nick lost his nice sunglasses.



Me and Cary
See how Cary looks white here- parts of him are now bright red. Poor kid; I think some of my sun screen is expired. Luckily he put 70 SPF on his head and that worked. We tried vinegar on him last night- I read all over the Internet that it helps draw out the heat and painful red of a sunburn. Didn't work as much as we would have liked, although the washcloths did come off hot after putting them on him for five minutes. We need to draw more of that heat out. I have a great after sun lotion that he loves, but it's almost gone. I'm ordering more today. If anyone has any ideas, please share. My poor tomato would appreciate it!




3 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Poor baby...so glad his little face is okay.

Anna said...

don't know if i am too late with a remedy suggestion.....? ALOE VERA works wonders..... you can buy it in gel form at walgreens or target... (drug store.....) cooling effect is awesome...... xo, anna looks like fun time for all !

Kim said...

Aloe Vera gel- and LOTS of it! And once the red goes down and it starts peeling (which it will if he's anything like me) I love the aveeno oatmeal baths. Sorry he's sunburned- been there, done that WAY too many times and it is NO fun!