Monday, June 29, 2009

Wimberley

My parents wanted a few days to "get away" so they graciously took all of us (me, Bobby, Kacee, and Cary) with them to Wimberley, TX. They rented a cute house that was on a creek. We spent our time playing in the water, fishing, shopping, playing golf, and eating and drinking around town. These pictures are all from our favorite "watering hole" that was on the creek in town. Mom has more pictures on her blog as well; you can find her on the right side of this page. There are also some good pics of us all in the water, but that requires bathing suits and I'm just not going there on here.
Tree Man. We later found a place where you can find the faces to attach to your own trees, but we decided to let this be a Wimberley thing.

Richters are always drawn to water. We saw some big catfish in here too.

More Tree People

Me and Cary. They had good Texas Martinis there!




5 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Hey.....the "creek" was called Blanco River!!! Good pics!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Hi ~ just had to come and say "hello" from "LindaJo's" blog :)
It's fun seeing your pics and those tree people are fascinating as are those Texas Martinis!
~*~ Patty one of your Mom's Queen Bee friends ;)

Anonymous said...

One of your biggest fans sent me here (although I've actually been here before!!) so I thought I'd leave you a comment. Looks like you all had a fun time. Who knew you'd grow up to be like your mother and all with your own blog?? And she's still keeping you in line, I see, naming that river! It's fun to see your grown-up life in print. I'll try to check in more often! VB

Unknown said...

Hee hee. I think I recognize where you were sampling the martinis-- was that the watering hole you retreated to while your mom spent "hours" shopping?

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I think I might have brought a tree person home tho. Maybe your neighborhood association wouldn't appreciate it, (nor the neighbors) but one tree person might have been good company in the back yard!

Margaret said...

I'm also over from your mum's blog, love your pics,especially the trees, her post about the same trip is full of shopping photos!! I must a little word with her about that...