Sunday, May 31, 2009

Girls' Weekend

Friday after work, I drove to Waco to meet Magen and her friend Trish at the Wallaces' home. I've known Magen for 12 years now, she's my best friend, and I've never been to her parents' house in Waco... I can't believe it. Anyway, I drove up there, and Friday night we went to hear a concert. Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers were playing! Wade is a friend of Magen's from high school, and Randy is married to a friend of a friend. The guys sounded great and we had a good time. Before the concert, we went to the famous George's Bar and I had my first Big-O! (pictured above)

The next morning we woke up and drove to Canton for First Monday Trading Days! I LOVED it! Mom took me back in high school, but I don't really remember it much. Everything is better when you have your own house to shop for now. I bought a lot and didn't spend too much money. Cary even approved and liked all the items I bought. I already have a list going for my next trip. ;-)

Magen is such a trooper. I was worn out after shopping all day and from the concert the night before. Magen is 5 months pregnant and did great through it all! I guess she really does love her Texas country music and shopping in Canton after all! Thanks for taking me, Magen!

2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Ohhhhh good! I'm glad you loved it. Now maybe you'll go with ME!!! I took you in high school AND in elementary...you wanted a pot belly pig.

Emily said...

Join the Canton obsessed club! I have been 6 times in the last year! We went all of the time when we lived in Tyler.