Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Birthdays and Easter

Last Friday Cary's dad came in town and stayed with us. (Claire is still in Australia.) The guys had fun grilling LOTS of ribs and pork loins... tons of left overs. We enjoyed dinner, sharing stories, and wine.

The next day we were going over to Cary's brother's house for an early Easter lunch. I said I'd bring salad and dessert, so I decided to make cupcakes. Being that it was Easter weekend, I thought we needed colorful frosting. Cary had never mixed food cloring in frosting. You would have thought I had given him a winning lottery ticket- he made SEVERAL different colors. (Note to all you new moms- make sure your boys play with food coloring or at 30 they'll act nuts in front of their girlfriends.)







We eventually headed over to lunch, and Jamison showed all of us how he's perfected his new trick of sitting up! He's so dang cute!


After that we headed to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday. We played Wii, drank wine, and enjoyed some Tin Roof B-B-Q. Bobby had the good idea for us to get Dad a BluRay, so after Cary set that up we all watched a movie together... well, all of us but the birthday boy who fell asleep, of course!

For Easter we got up bright and early and attended Sunrise Service- I don't know why we do this; it makes us so tired after. It was nice to run into some old friends though.
After breakfast, Cary and I headed back to the house so I could study some more for my comprehensive exam for graduate school. I studied some, but the weather was so nice that we spent some time playing frisbee at the park.
Monday I drove to College Station and took my test- glad that's over with! The wildflowers were amazing along the highway. I should have stopped and taken pictures, but I was alone and didn't really want to stop. I forgot what a great drive to College Station it is in the spring.

4 comments:

Linda Jo said...

We had a good time, didn't we!!!!

Kim said...

Is Jamison Jesse's little one? Or am I confusing families?

Unknown said...

Your mom sent me. :)

Ha! I love the colorful cupcakes and the advice about the food coloring. What a doll of a little boy and even the quilt he's on looks Easter-y!

Maybe along with the tradition of sunrise service, you need the tradition of an afternoon nap!

Hugs,
Nathalie

Anna said...

hey debbie jo :) I really feel like I know you even though I am not sure if we have actually met.... I'm your mom's friend Anna (from YMB young mom's bible study) from a few yrs back.... I moved to CA (hubby's job) Anyhow - I loved seeing your pics.... of the birthday parties.... Your mom does not post pic of herself too much..... yah YOU (we get to her here) I'll be back to visit and keep up with your cute blog.... I've even been visiting Camp Connie's blog too!! xo, your new blogging friend Anna!!