Thursday, August 20, 2009

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore....

For those of you that know me, you know I'm not the most creative person. My old school suited me well, as there were no big hallway bulletin boards and the 4th grade wasn't into "being cute." Last week at my new school, I walked down my hall to find the rest of my team working on their hallway bulletin boards. Let's just say the first words in my mind were not, "Oh goodie!" My mother, and even my brother, are very creative and talented but I'm more like Dad. I joined in anyway and started making trunks, leaves, and grass with the rest of them. Below is a picture of my bulletin board. Our school-wide theme this year is "Capture the Adventure of Learning" so we are going with a safari theme. I do have to say our team T-shirts are very cute- zebra print! Our bulletin boards say "Wild about 3rd Grade." We have the students' pictures up and we'll post their work underneath throughout the year. At least I don't have to change out the whole board! Next year I think I'll drag Mom up there with me. Below are some shots of my classroom. I love my room- very roomy and carpet! One request would be dry erase boards instead of chalk, but I don't think I'll be writing on the board that much anyway. This is the view of my room from the door looking to the back.
Standing in the back by the computers and looking up front.


The view from my desk up front to the other back corner.






2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Looks great!!! So roomy! I could make birds to fly across the bulletin board!!!!!!!!!!

Mike and Magen said...

Looks awesome Debbie! SEE- you are creative! :)